end of the year (2012 edition)
Yes, it's been forever since I've posted anything, and yes, I probably should be doing other things (like cleaning the bathroom or taking down the Christmas tree), and yes, I realize that massive posts like this are ultimately unreadable and undesirable, and yes, I should probably stop making excuses and start writing.


Here's the highlights from 2012 (aka all the things I should have posted about and didn't):
January
Started working in a real, big-person job for the best people in the world. Seriously. You can never go wrong with the LDS Church's Seminaries and Institutes (especially the Financial Services department).
February
March
To tell the truth, I don't remember much about March. Maybe that's because I was swallowed by the overwhelming depths of wedding planning and law school picking. In short, let's just say that March wasn't the best month for me.
April
Officially graduated from BYU (as in I walked across a stage in a robe that desperately needed ventilation of some sort (I technically finished classes in December (hence the reason I got a big person job in January))).
David and I also went hiking in our hometown's yonder mountains.
May
Yet another month that I don't remember much about... But we did take engagement pictures, and that was fun (since Betty is awesome).
June
Grandma and Grandpa Sudweeks' 60th wedding anniversary party (basically, it was awesome since ALL of my cousins were there (except for two) - I'll have to scan in the group photo sometime for you to truly appreciate the enormity of that effort).
I finished my first quilt ever!
Marriage!
July
David destroyed a microwave.

August
Fish Lake! (of which I personally, do not have any pictures. But let it suffice it to be said that it was an epic couple of days of board gaming (in which my brother dominated).
Weddings up the wazoo (Brianne got married! Eliza got married! Betty got married!). It was an exciting couple of weeks!
And thus it came to pass that law school began...
September
And it came to pass that in the first month of the school year law school continued.
October
And it came to pass that in the second month of the school year law school still continued.
And my family took pictures!
November
And thus it came to pass that in the third month law school still continued.
Jacob also left on his mission to Sweden (and the missionaries at the MTC mistook me for a departing sister missionary (I wonder what David would have done if I had gone in Jake's stead...)). Unfortunately, I have yet to steal pictures of this event from my family.
December
And thus it came to pass that finals commenced.
Christmas
Although Christmas is not a month, it SHOULD be a month all of its own since I have been looking forward to it so much (sadly, I don't have pictures of any of the epic things we have done so far, like paint mugs with Betty and Alan or see the lights on Temple Square with my family or my dog going crazy on Christmas day or Christmas Eve/Day with both of our families or zoo lights with Josh and Liz). Thus, this one lonely picture that we took as an afterthought will have to suffice.
Long story short: I should blog more. I should also be better at taking more pictures (which is something I already regret but will probably be compounded into intense feelings of guilt when I'm an older person and my (grand)children ask about the first years of my married life. Alas. At least I can console myself with the fact that tomorrow begins 2013 and a chance to start anew.











Don't worry. :) Grad school and/or law school tends to suck any and all blogging time out of you! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've had an eventful and adventurous year! (and good for you for remembering stuff for almost every month. That's hard to do!)
ReplyDeleteHaha...I recognize some of the books in your bookshelf. :)