baked
It is a truth universally acknowledged that things get a little scary in the kitchen when Jessica decides to bake cookies. Sometimes they'll become square for no reason at all. Or sometimes half of them will burn, and half of them will stay doughy (said cookies were all on the same cookie sheet, mind you). Or sometimes she forgets that these other times have happened and decides she wants to be a food blogger for a day.
Spider cookie, spider cookie...
See. I told you I put a lot of hard work and effort into this one.
Family picture with the awkward distant relatives in the back.
Canvased (as in that's the setting I used with my free photoshop program). Looks tasty, huh?
Same cookie, different angle.
Love.
Flower power (or turkey feathers, whichever is more appealing).
Corn! Lots of effort went into this one, I promise (I hope by now it is clear that this accidentally turned out to look like plants. My decorating is hit and miss, just like my cookies).
Demon cookie!
Demon cookie demonized!
Georgia O'Keeffe in cookie form.
In case any of you are wondering, I am kidding about the food blogger part. But I did spend far too long baking and decorating sugar cookies yesterday (I used the Our Best Bite's recipes for their cookies and glace icing (note: I'm kind of obsessed with their blog. I think they are kind of awesome)). Anyways, here are the fruits of my labors (if only cookies were as healthy as fruit). Mostly, I am proud of the crazy designs I squiggled out (like the accidental corn and the black-eyed smiley face - those puppies were really tricky to make, mind you (especially the black-eyed smiley face)). But secondly, I am grateful for the people who can actually blog about food and make it look tasty. To you, I will forever be indebted for my law school food baby.
Look! It's my shadow! Isn't it cute?Family picture with the awkward distant relatives in the back.
Canvased (as in that's the setting I used with my free photoshop program). Looks tasty, huh?
Same cookie, different angle.
Love.
Flower power (or turkey feathers, whichever is more appealing).
Demon cookie!
Demon cookie demonized!
Georgia O'Keeffe in cookie form.
That's all for now. And after spending so much time with these cookies (in picture, real, and digesting/ed form), I am ready for a break. Maybe tomorrow I will make brownies...
Love it. :) When I've tried to take pictures of any food I make I realize that to be a food blogger of any sort I can't be busy all day and only cook at night... my food always looks yellow... oh, that and I only have green dishes... another problem when trying to make food appetizing. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lindsay! :) I have the same problem whenever I try taking pictures of food - it always looks yellow. My sister-in-law is a photographer - I asked her about it a few days ago, and she said that food photographers overexpose their pictures to make the food look more appetizing. There's also a helpful post on Our Best Bite's blog about how to take pictures of food. But knowing you, whatever you make is amazing, no matter how the picture turns out :).
Delete