updated
It's amazing how fast time passes whether or not you are having fun (I've never understood that phrase much to begin with (but in case there is any doubt, I have about as much fun as there are chocolate chips digesting in my belly (you can do the math))). Since last I wrote, I destroyed a cake (pictures to come), went to the movies a few times (huzzah for Austenland!), and finished up a semester. Sorta. I'm still in the process of finishing a seminar paper (also known as the Nancy Drew paper (also known as the thorn in my side (also known as the project that is burning on the back burner))). The goal is to finish that paper by the end of next week.
As far as the rest of this new semester goes, I cannot believe how busy my second year of law school is going to be. I am only taking thirteen credit hours, seven of which are real classes (yay for Trusts & Estates and Federal Income Tax!). The other six feel like odds and ends projects neatly disguised as furry, little time-suckers. But I shouldn't complain: I have some neat opportunities this semester (i.e. three internship credits at the state supreme court; two credits of tutoring first-year law students; and one credit for editing the law journal). On top of that, I am working part-time doing research for a couple of professors.
A lot of people act surprised when I say that this years is going to be crazy busy for me. Although the first year is probably the hardest in terms of trying to figure out how to survive, the second year is the busiest in trying to cram worthwhile activities onto a resume. Or as other law students have aptly stated, "First year they scare you to death. Second year they work you to death. Third year they bore you to death." Peachy, isn't it?
On the other hand, David is just as busy (if not busier than I am). He's working full-time and taking seventeen credit hours worth of classes. I can't decide if he is a glutton for punishment or a workhorse (or both). In any event, I admire him. A lot. Not only does he never complain (or cry, for that matter), but he finds time to listen to me complain (and cry) when I think my load is too heavy (cue Samwise: "Share the load!").
We're often asked if we ever see each other. The answer is yes. For example, today we did homework together (as in, David programmed and I let Nancy Drew burn on the back burner some more (okay, that's not quite true. David programmed while I read to him excerpts of Nancy Drew in an attempt to figure out some knotty sections. He's a good listener)), and snarfed some Little Caesars. Once David is done programming, we'll probably play Mario Kart (I'd like to think that "Imma gonna win!" but my track record hasn't been all that great lately. We'll see).
And David just announced that he is done! Here we go!
A lot of people act surprised when I say that this years is going to be crazy busy for me. Although the first year is probably the hardest in terms of trying to figure out how to survive, the second year is the busiest in trying to cram worthwhile activities onto a resume. Or as other law students have aptly stated, "First year they scare you to death. Second year they work you to death. Third year they bore you to death." Peachy, isn't it?
On the other hand, David is just as busy (if not busier than I am). He's working full-time and taking seventeen credit hours worth of classes. I can't decide if he is a glutton for punishment or a workhorse (or both). In any event, I admire him. A lot. Not only does he never complain (or cry, for that matter), but he finds time to listen to me complain (and cry) when I think my load is too heavy (cue Samwise: "Share the load!").
We're often asked if we ever see each other. The answer is yes. For example, today we did homework together (as in, David programmed and I let Nancy Drew burn on the back burner some more (okay, that's not quite true. David programmed while I read to him excerpts of Nancy Drew in an attempt to figure out some knotty sections. He's a good listener)), and snarfed some Little Caesars. Once David is done programming, we'll probably play Mario Kart (I'd like to think that "Imma gonna win!" but my track record hasn't been all that great lately. We'll see).
And David just announced that he is done! Here we go!
![]() |
| Also, we saw a coyote outside of our apartment complex tonight. Hide your kids! Hide your wife! |

I hear that a lot... "do you ever get to see each other?"
ReplyDelete"Well, we did homework together last night...
".. oh, and for FHE this week we did laundry and then did homework next to each other on the couch."
Gotta love it. ;)