working woman
The semester finally died. I buried it two weeks ago. Of course, its corpse smells are still lingering (not all of my grades have come out yet), so I'm lacking a bit of closure. Alas, it will all be over eventually.
BUT. I started work! And I rather enjoy it (so much more than school--I miss the pre-law school days when learning was fun). I am not going to share very many details about where I work or what I do (because of attorney-client privilege and that sort of thing), but here's a brief rundown:
I am working as a summer associate at a law firm (aka a "pseduo-attorney"). I get research and drafting assignments from real attorneys for real clients and bill real time and get paid real money. Basically I now think about everything in six minute increments (just kidding, I'm still trying to get used to allotting my time in that manner). This job is also like a three month long job interview. If I do good work and play nice, the law firm may decide to hire me when I graduate law school and finish my year of clerking for a judge.
So far, the work has been interesting and fun. In fact, I finally feel like this whole law school thing is worth it. I actually enjoy what I am doing (ha, it's been a long two years of debating whether I should drop out. I think I'm finally 99.99% committed to sticking it through to the end).
Anyways, I think I'll leave it to that. It's strange coming home and twiddling my thumbs while David does homework. So far I've reread half of the Harry Potter books, played a Nancy Drew game (sadness--it was kinda lame and disappointing with no villain. What's a Nancy Drew book or game without a villain? A plot-less mess, that's what), among other things. I'm contemplating taking up a sewing project or two (I'm crossing my fingers David will take me to the fabric store today. I hate driving by myself in the city--it causes me to sprout too many additional worry warts).
Aside from that, this puppers turned eleven yesterday. Happy Birthday, Sophenheimer!
Yay! I am glad you like your real job that makes real money! You are amazing!
ReplyDelete