two times as fun
Wowza, time flies! It's amazing to me that two years ago David and I sealed the deal in the Bountiful Temple. What a hot and happy day! (Honestly, wedding dresses need air conditioning units underneath all of that tulle. My legs were melting like the Wicked Witch of the West.)
I am still so grateful for all of the family and friends and neighbors who showed up to wish us well (and yes, dear, that implies that I am now grateful you talked me into a reception and out of eloping). I am also especially grateful that we are sealed together for time and all eternity. I don't think I quite understand the enormity of that statement, but I do know it is a promise I will hold onto fiercely, no matter what comes our way.
I am also grateful for this Big Guy. As others may attest, I'm not always the easiest person to live with (they don't call me Messy Jessie for nothing), and as David has since discovered, I am still not always the easiest person to live with. But I am so grateful that he's stuck through everything with me.
From breast lumps to law school to the many cry-days before, after, and in-between, David has been a champion. He can nearly always make me laugh, and he never fails to raise me up so I can zip line down mountains (true story! That's what we did as part of our anniversary celebrations today). Plus, he's rock solid, helps me to be better than my best, and kills spiders for me.
Long story short, I'm in love. Thank you, David, for making life these past two years (and the four before that) two times as fun. I love you!
I am still so grateful for all of the family and friends and neighbors who showed up to wish us well (and yes, dear, that implies that I am now grateful you talked me into a reception and out of eloping). I am also especially grateful that we are sealed together for time and all eternity. I don't think I quite understand the enormity of that statement, but I do know it is a promise I will hold onto fiercely, no matter what comes our way.
I am also grateful for this Big Guy. As others may attest, I'm not always the easiest person to live with (they don't call me Messy Jessie for nothing), and as David has since discovered, I am still not always the easiest person to live with. But I am so grateful that he's stuck through everything with me.
From breast lumps to law school to the many cry-days before, after, and in-between, David has been a champion. He can nearly always make me laugh, and he never fails to raise me up so I can zip line down mountains (true story! That's what we did as part of our anniversary celebrations today). Plus, he's rock solid, helps me to be better than my best, and kills spiders for me.
Long story short, I'm in love. Thank you, David, for making life these past two years (and the four before that) two times as fun. I love you!




Comments
Post a Comment