kids of the horned variety
So everything is peeling around here. The oranges. My face. David's neck. My sweaters (I'm just kidding about the sweaters--about thirty seconds ago, I learned that the correct term is "pilling." In my lexicon, it's close enough).
I suppose you could say that David and I have learned our lesson to not forget sunscreen or some sort of shading device when we go on our epic adventures (read: Alpine slide! Alpine zip line! Alpine coaster! Running in 90+ degree whether! Playing croquet! And all the other crazy adrenaline junky things!), but alas, I know this peeling thing will happen again. We're lucky to leave our apartment with our keys in hand, let alone any other important items.
As far as other life happenings go, David likes to talk about what we'll do with our kids, once we have them in the unforeseeable future. Only David is talking about children, and I am imagining young goats. It's quite funny (David doesn't think it is quite as humorous as I do), but there is something joyous about David saying, "We'll take our kids on walks . . ." and me imagining a herd of goats in strollers.
Some of my other favorites include "I'm going to teach our kids how to play frisbee . . ." "I'm going to school our kids in video games . . ." "I can't wait to feed our kids peanut butter . . ." "It will be nice when our kids can mow the lawn . . ." "I bet our kids will love road trips . . ."
When it gets to talking about me feeding our newborn kids, it's hard for me to keep a straight face. I wonder if baby goats have teeth? In any event, if goats are involved, we're doing formula goat's milk, no questions asked.
I suppose you could say that David and I have learned our lesson to not forget sunscreen or some sort of shading device when we go on our epic adventures (read: Alpine slide! Alpine zip line! Alpine coaster! Running in 90+ degree whether! Playing croquet! And all the other crazy adrenaline junky things!), but alas, I know this peeling thing will happen again. We're lucky to leave our apartment with our keys in hand, let alone any other important items.
As far as other life happenings go, David likes to talk about what we'll do with our kids, once we have them in the unforeseeable future. Only David is talking about children, and I am imagining young goats. It's quite funny (David doesn't think it is quite as humorous as I do), but there is something joyous about David saying, "We'll take our kids on walks . . ." and me imagining a herd of goats in strollers.
Some of my other favorites include "I'm going to teach our kids how to play frisbee . . ." "I'm going to school our kids in video games . . ." "I can't wait to feed our kids peanut butter . . ." "It will be nice when our kids can mow the lawn . . ." "I bet our kids will love road trips . . ."
When it gets to talking about me feeding our newborn kids, it's hard for me to keep a straight face. I wonder if baby goats have teeth? In any event, if goats are involved, we're doing formula goat's milk, no questions asked.
Comments
Post a Comment