do not go gentle into that good night
After my sob fest this weekend (and yesterday—sorry for the angry post. Apartment living is not conducive to screaming, so I resorted to an online rant. I felt a teensy bit better. Recovery is slow in these things), David decided it would be good if we went on a date. I think he also thought it would be good if we reintroduced ourselves to each other because we only saw each other during the waking hours of 9:00 until 11:00 each night for the last two months.
Cafe Zupas and Interstellar. It can't get much better than that. On the way home, David and I tried to figure out all of the things (because of course, two non-astrophysicists can make sense of gravity and all the dimensions. I wonder what Einstein would have thought about this movie). But we liked it. Even if there were scientific holes that morphed into plot holes, the English major part of me thought the story was well-constructed with well-thought out thematic elements. David's reaction was something along the lines of "SPACE. Cool organ music. SPACE" (he really likes those things).
Long story short, it was a good transitionary evening for me to get back into every day life. Although so much of me is raging and does not want to end moot court without a fair fight, it is time to go gentle—and lay to rest my anger—into that good night.
Cafe Zupas and Interstellar. It can't get much better than that. On the way home, David and I tried to figure out all of the things (because of course, two non-astrophysicists can make sense of gravity and all the dimensions. I wonder what Einstein would have thought about this movie). But we liked it. Even if there were scientific holes that morphed into plot holes, the English major part of me thought the story was well-constructed with well-thought out thematic elements. David's reaction was something along the lines of "SPACE. Cool organ music. SPACE" (he really likes those things).
Long story short, it was a good transitionary evening for me to get back into every day life. Although so much of me is raging and does not want to end moot court without a fair fight, it is time to go gentle—and lay to rest my anger—into that good night.
Check out Dylan Thomas's poem, "Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night." It's a favorite (and it's a villanelle!), and I love how it was woven into Interstellar.

Comments
Post a Comment