life moves on (sorta)
Life, surprisingly enough, moves on after a heartbreak. Or a tough loss (whatever you want to call it). Despite last weekend's disappointments, I feel like I am recovering remarkably well. Angry Birds has done wonders for me.
The rest of this week has been good, bad, and ugly. Good in the sense that I discovered this book and absolutely loved it for many, many reasons.
Bad in the sense that I realized that finals are only three and a half weeks away and I have not started studying at all (next week is going to be a party! Who wants to learn how to be ethical with me?)
And ugly in the sense that I had a run-in with the law school's employment office. Long story short: I asked them to review my resume. The first piece of feedback I got was "I'm sure you did great in your moot court competition last weekend, but you're not going onto the national level. Is there a reason moot court is on your resume?" Let's just stab that knife a bit deeper, and twist it a little for good measure, mmmkay? And since when do you have to win all the things to be able to put experiences on your resume? How does anyone get a job with that mentality, especially where law school is so stinking competitive and there are only so many kings of the rock? (I played a lot of Angry Birds after that conversation. I don't usually get angry, but I was angry enough to slaughter many, many, many pigs.)
Anyways. Life moves on. I move on. And I eat chocolate. And ice cream.
Life is good.
The rest of this week has been good, bad, and ugly. Good in the sense that I discovered this book and absolutely loved it for many, many reasons.
Bad in the sense that I realized that finals are only three and a half weeks away and I have not started studying at all (next week is going to be a party! Who wants to learn how to be ethical with me?)
And ugly in the sense that I had a run-in with the law school's employment office. Long story short: I asked them to review my resume. The first piece of feedback I got was "I'm sure you did great in your moot court competition last weekend, but you're not going onto the national level. Is there a reason moot court is on your resume?" Let's just stab that knife a bit deeper, and twist it a little for good measure, mmmkay? And since when do you have to win all the things to be able to put experiences on your resume? How does anyone get a job with that mentality, especially where law school is so stinking competitive and there are only so many kings of the rock? (I played a lot of Angry Birds after that conversation. I don't usually get angry, but I was angry enough to slaughter many, many, many pigs.)
Anyways. Life moves on. I move on. And I eat chocolate. And ice cream.
Life is good.

Comments
Post a Comment