it's the end of the year as we know it

Does anyone else feel like they blinked and 2014 was suddenly gone? I do. But then again, I don't. January feels like it was forever ago (as do the summer months—I miss them). And yet, everything is happening so quickly. Does time always speed up this fast?

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks. As you might have guessed, finals happened (meh). My brother came home from his mission in Sweden (huzzah!). Lots of game nights ensued (including an epic, Bobby Fisher-style game night where David, my brother, and I played three games at once. We're intense). Lots of Sophie selfies. And lots of other family time. Now everyone is back to a normal schedule—except for me. I still have one more week until school starts! (one more week to continue winter cleaning our apartment (since spring cleaning never happened last year)).

Here's a picture dump from my phone (that can actually take pictures. It's the best!):

Sophie loves her sweater. Just loves it.
 Love this creature.
 We're pals.
Epic game night. On the yellow table is Alhambra. At the far end of the blue table by Jake is Dominion. And David is stressing over Ticket to Ride: Europe.
 Jake acting dumbfounded at the results.
 David and Sophie bonding.
 All about that face.
Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert with Sesame Street. Seriously one of the happiest nights of my life.
 It isn't Christmas until the gnome gnativity is pulled out.
 Our gingerbread house that wasn't a gingerbread house. It was a work of art.
 Christmas pecan pie!
 Nativity at Grandma's house. One of my favorite traditions!
 O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree! How perfect you are for our tiny abode!
David dreaming of sugar plums (we slept under the tree because we can).
 A white Christmas! It's a miracle!
 Christmas llama socks. You know you're jealous.
 Rocking the bangs with her Chewie toy (David gets credit for that Pet Smart find).
 An actual selfie without Sophie.
 Sunday naps are our favorite.
 My mom's birthday cake. Jacinda and I were ambitious. Definitely nailed it (see actual cake here).
And here's to a new year! With many more Sophie selfies to come!

Comments

  1. Such a fun post!! I seriously can't believe your brother is already home. That was the fastest two years ever. Pretty sure I'll be calling you to make all my birthday cakes from now on...:) Good luck with back to school next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much I have been looking forward to another post! haha. I loved it! We need to see each other soon! I mean, we are practically next door neighbors. Hope school/life are going well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady