new things 2015
Oh hi. How are you? I'm fine, thanks for asking. What's that? Yes. I know. Sigh. You're right. I already broke my New Year's resolution to blog once a week this year. I'm sorry. I hope I didn't cause you any grief.
In any event, here's some awesome newness I've discovered (you know those fancy schmancy bloggers that have like a gazillion followers and do product reviews all the time? It just occurred to me that this post might seem like I'm heading down the path of mainstream of blogging. Not so, my friends. Really, I just wanted to give updates on what's up in our lives and it just so happens that a lot of the things that are going on revolve along new things I've discovered).
Anyways. Now that we have that awkwardness out of the way, here are some of my favorite things from the past few weeks:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. Because it's been cold and because school has left me in a semi-lethargic state at the end of the night (false: this semester has been great so far and I can't complain. Life is the best it's been since law school happened), David and I have become avid Avatar: The Last Bender watchers. I'm still trying to figure out how I missed this show until now (David started watching it after his family clued him in on its awesomeness). I was highly skeptical at first. But I am nearly convinced that this is the next best thing to happen to (children's) entertainment since Harry Potter. No, it's not a book, but the writing of this TV series is topnotch. Watch it. And then let's talk about it.
[Also, Apa is my favorite. I am already planning a Halloween costume for a future man-child (preferably bald) that involves painted on blue arrows, orange and red blankets, and an Old English Sheepdog dressed as a sky bison. It will be grand.]
Pilates. Fact: like most people, I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I tolerate running, but only because it's the cool thing to do right now. Gyms scare me (I'm under the (false) impression that people go there just to check out other people. Last time I looked, this library book has already been checked out indefinitely). I also prefer to not be cat-called or street harassed whilst running outside (this is a post for another day, but seriously? Just because I'm female does not mean that you, stranger, can comment on my body). Hence indoor, at-home exercise is my only option. I've discovered a YouTube series that I quite like: Blogilates. It's pilates + cardio + HIIT + stretches. I'm still working on building up my endurance and strength, but it is neat to feel myself get stronger each day . . . that I exercise (I'm not as consistent as I would like). BUT. I'm excited that I've found a type of exercise that I actually like. And who knows? Maybe someday I'll be able to do this:
[David came home to me practicing one day and it didn't look so pretty. It's kind of hard to practice headstands when you have absolutely no empty wall space to kick up against. But we're working on it. Inner core strength, here I come!]
Also, some of you may have heard the rumor that I joined Twitter. Like most of my social media forays, it (partially) happened out of spite. Really, I thought it would be fun to try to be witty in under 140 characters. And also hastags are a curious thing. My guess is that they are the gateway to offending scores of people and that I am playing with fire. In any case, for the brave of heart or curious minded, you can find me @soupymonkey. I can't promise that my Twitter foray will last long, but we shall see what happens.
Last, but not least, behold the dog:
In any event, here's some awesome newness I've discovered (you know those fancy schmancy bloggers that have like a gazillion followers and do product reviews all the time? It just occurred to me that this post might seem like I'm heading down the path of mainstream of blogging. Not so, my friends. Really, I just wanted to give updates on what's up in our lives and it just so happens that a lot of the things that are going on revolve along new things I've discovered).
Anyways. Now that we have that awkwardness out of the way, here are some of my favorite things from the past few weeks:
Avatar: The Last Airbender. Because it's been cold and because school has left me in a semi-lethargic state at the end of the night (false: this semester has been great so far and I can't complain. Life is the best it's been since law school happened), David and I have become avid Avatar: The Last Bender watchers. I'm still trying to figure out how I missed this show until now (David started watching it after his family clued him in on its awesomeness). I was highly skeptical at first. But I am nearly convinced that this is the next best thing to happen to (children's) entertainment since Harry Potter. No, it's not a book, but the writing of this TV series is topnotch. Watch it. And then let's talk about it.[Also, Apa is my favorite. I am already planning a Halloween costume for a future man-child (preferably bald) that involves painted on blue arrows, orange and red blankets, and an Old English Sheepdog dressed as a sky bison. It will be grand.]
Pilates. Fact: like most people, I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I tolerate running, but only because it's the cool thing to do right now. Gyms scare me (I'm under the (false) impression that people go there just to check out other people. Last time I looked, this library book has already been checked out indefinitely). I also prefer to not be cat-called or street harassed whilst running outside (this is a post for another day, but seriously? Just because I'm female does not mean that you, stranger, can comment on my body). Hence indoor, at-home exercise is my only option. I've discovered a YouTube series that I quite like: Blogilates. It's pilates + cardio + HIIT + stretches. I'm still working on building up my endurance and strength, but it is neat to feel myself get stronger each day . . . that I exercise (I'm not as consistent as I would like). BUT. I'm excited that I've found a type of exercise that I actually like. And who knows? Maybe someday I'll be able to do this:
[David came home to me practicing one day and it didn't look so pretty. It's kind of hard to practice headstands when you have absolutely no empty wall space to kick up against. But we're working on it. Inner core strength, here I come!]
Also, some of you may have heard the rumor that I joined Twitter. Like most of my social media forays, it (partially) happened out of spite. Really, I thought it would be fun to try to be witty in under 140 characters. And also hastags are a curious thing. My guess is that they are the gateway to offending scores of people and that I am playing with fire. In any case, for the brave of heart or curious minded, you can find me @soupymonkey. I can't promise that my Twitter foray will last long, but we shall see what happens.
Last, but not least, behold the dog:


Comments
Post a Comment