evicted

I am 99.9999% sure that Opal is gone. Since yesterday, the pain has been silent and the heaviness has lifted. (Remarkably) my body feels normal again. Part of me can't help but think, "That wasn't all that bad." Not that I'm wishing for Opal to come back (I prefer my friends to be non-abusive). But things could have been much worse (as in she could have gone Miss Havisham on me or dropped a hydrogen bomb into my innards).

Regardless, I am quite glad that she is gone. And again, I'm grateful for the many well wishes and prayers. Even though Opal was a relatively minimal disruption, I do appreciate everyone's kindness. So thank you.

Among other news, the weekend is upon us (in case you didn't know it already). My goal is to do all the things (although I'm not sure what that is going to entail. I have a to-do list of things that are not due for some time, so we shall see how much gets done (or not)). 

I am also going to try really hard not to look up any spoilers for The Legend of Korra Season 3 (David and I finished Season 2 last night and my brain is buzzing with questions. So many new ideas and things were introduced last minute that I just don't even know what direction is up and down anymore [SPOILER ALERT: Like, what the fetch was up with Jinora being in the ball of light and saving the day deus ex machina? And what exactly are the Spirits anyway? Like what are their properties? And how are they different from physical people? And where did Vaatu go? And how in the world did Korra defeat Vaatu as a big blue monster? And why did Korra decide on the spur of the moment to heed her evil uncle's advice and leave the spirit portals open? So much confusion!!!]. I don't mind having lingering questions if they are intentional (which is entirely possible because it seems to me like Season 2 is setting the stage for greater things to come in Season 3). But I'm not a big fan of "Let's change all the rules that govern this fictional world right before this awesome final fight scene so that our hero wins!" To me, that defeats the legitimacy of the hero. 

But I digress. Happy weekend! May your world be cyst free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady