opal of my eye
This blog post title is a bit of a misnomer because I actually have never seen Opal (aside from the black blob that showed up on the ultrasound). Really, this post should be called "Opal of My Ovary." But I've had the Barney "Apples and Bananas" song bouncing around in my head for some reason. Hence the name of this blog post.
Also, it's a shame opals are so pretty. Check out Wikipedia for some pretty amazing gems.
And now for some random facts about Opal:
But the best fact of all is that I think Opal is going away. I feel better this morning than I have for the past couple of days, and I am taking that as a good sign. I am probably celebrating too soon (it is morning after all), but regardless, thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes! I appreciate your kind words and thoughtfulness over the past couple of days.
[And happy month of February! I'm not sure how long the color scheme changes will last—I think I'm a minimalist at heart—but I can at least pretend to be somewhat festive.]
Also, it's a shame opals are so pretty. Check out Wikipedia for some pretty amazing gems.
- Opal is a night owl. I generally feel pretty good when I wake up in the morning. But from around 7:00 PM until my obscenely late bedtime, she is a chatterbox.
- David and Opal don't get along very well (when I say "hi" to her, he tells her to go away (more or less). I'm glad he's looking out for me).
- I think Opal likes chocolate. But I'm not sure (I think I just like chocolate).
- Opal doesn't mind coming to class with me and is usually pretty quiet when I'm working on things. Thus, I've been very productive the last few days (which is a blessing in and of itself. This semester hasn't been super busy, but it's kept me hopping).
- Opal also likes Cafe Rio (bless David and his soul forever and ever. The other night David picked me up from class and on our way home, I saw one of our neighbors with a Cafe Rio drink. I casually stated that "We haven't been to Cafe Rio in awhile . . . ." We then spent the next five minutes debating whether or not we should make dinner ourselves. The pork salad and chicken burrito (enchilada-style) won out in the end. And all three of us were happy).
But the best fact of all is that I think Opal is going away. I feel better this morning than I have for the past couple of days, and I am taking that as a good sign. I am probably celebrating too soon (it is morning after all), but regardless, thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes! I appreciate your kind words and thoughtfulness over the past couple of days.
[And happy month of February! I'm not sure how long the color scheme changes will last—I think I'm a minimalist at heart—but I can at least pretend to be somewhat festive.]
Good news! I hope Opal disappears quickly and stays away. Yep, good hubby to take you to Cafe Rio, thanks...I am hungry now. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pam! And sorry to give you hunger pains :)
DeleteWhat crazy things our bodies can put us through! Thinking of you and praying for you! School is hard enough as it is, let alone having to try to do it while working around surprise, and unwelcome ovarian friends. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lindsay! Hope you are doing well :)
Delete