victorian secret
Evidently I have a Victorian writing style. Not necessarily archaic, but deep-reaching (as told to me by my creative writing professor). It's been interesting to think about - I write like people from 150ish years ago. And they are all dead. Do I write like a dead person? Is my writing that ghastly? I guess I'm being facetious. I know she was giving me a compliment (at least, I think she was giving me a compliment), but at the same time, I wonder what that means. If I were to write something publishable, would it be published? After all, Dickens and Bronte and Stevenson are still household names (just to name a few). And as far as my writing goes, are my words archaic? Or are they so deep-reaching that they are abstract to all who try to follow and tug them loose from their moorings beneath ground?
It's all so very confusing.
It's all so very confusing.
Comments
Post a Comment