worms!

I always wondered who would be heartless enough to smash worms with the rubber soles of their shoes. Usually I take great care when walking on a sidewalk that is covered with squirming gummy rolls. Not only does my little sister pick up worms to see if they will smile at her, but it just seems so inhumane to smash something that is so pink and squishy.

But not today. I think I squished about 50 (or more. It could have been 63. I stopped counting after awhile). It wasn't on purpose, I promise. It just happened. And now my shoes smell like worms (I hate that smell. It's like snot that has molded in the back of a cadaver's throat).

Do I feel guilty? Sort of. Except not really. Because worms can regenerate. Wouldn't it be so cool to grow a new arm or finger if it got cut off? I think so. I mean, my toenails and leg hairs grow back quite quickly, but fingers and toes? Not so much.

So, little worms, I'm sorry. I'll be more careful next time. I'm not so concerned about you as I am for me: I don't want my shoes to smell like you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady