two weeks notice

A year ago I was finishing my first set of finals, training to win the most important chess game of my life, and painting gnomes. Now I am twiddling my thumbs, plucking at my toenails, and attempting to cross my eyes.

Just when does school start again?

*insert smirk of derision here*

Pretty sure there are a bunch of things I want to complete between now and the ever-ominous then. Last year I devoured books in between semesters (like The Grapes of Wrath! (love love love that one!) and Rebecca (I love love love love this one even more!) and a couple of silly YA books that made me giggle on the inside (guilty pleasure, I know. Don't judge this)). I also worked on secret art projects (Hi Nathan!) and fried my thighs while jet-skiing for the first time (sorry Princess and Peach - I'll remember the spf 50 next time). I even went to the zoo and kissed a monkey (okay, that last part is a lie. But I did go to the zoo). For two weeks, life was great!

On the other hand, this year is completely open. I think first on the list is airing out my fried mind. Not only does it need some sun, but I also think my haunted corridors are in need of some dusting and maybe even some Windex - the smudges are appalling.

Imagine, if you will, two weeks of nothing. I think it would appear to be something like this:

Day 1






Day 2






Day 3






*Insert Bella-zombie here*






(Followed by death of boredom here)






I'm pretty sure life will get exciting. Maybe I'll kiss a gnome. Or go climb a tree. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll clean off those smudges, open the windows, and let in just a little more light.

Sigh. That sounds nice.

Comments

  1. I never learned this until this summer... but sometimes? Its nice just to be able to sit, breathe... and do nothing (not for extended periods of time of course!). So enjoy this break! I know you will :)

    PS: Nancy Drew and Climbing a tree sounds fun :) Can I join you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady