five pounds of fur
I did some research today, and not just about employment law (one of my writing assignments is to predict a case about a lady who faced sexual harassment at work. The case includes a description of all of her claims, including all of the nasty things people said to and about her. Evidently it's pretty racy - at least, that's what all of my classmates tell me. I've read it a couple of times and still don't get half of the jokes. I suppose that's what happens when you grow up in a bubble (kind of like a hamster ball)).
The most groundbreaking aspect of my research, however, is the fact that camels do, in fact, shed their fur. They molt once a year, losing big clumps of fur at a time, making them look like a stuffed animal that has received too much loving. Did I mention that they shed about five pounds of hair whenever they molt? Well, they do! Crazy camels!
For some reason I haven't been able to get over the five pounds of fur. Since discovering this tidbit (which, by the way, I have a feeling it's a useless fact that will allow me to win on Jeopardy someday (which really means that it isn't all that useless)), I've been wondering about how many pounds of hair I shed in the year. Or even more importantly, how many pounds of leg hair I shave in a year. Too bad I can't sell my leg hair to make mohair suits or the like - I could fund my legal studies simply by taking a rusty razor to my skin without being tempted to do something drastic (like sell my organs on the black market (an activity that is chuck-full with rusty razors (but maybe that's just a false stereotype that I have because I actually don't know anything about organ donation to the black market (if I ever become acquainted with the occupation, I'll let you know)))).
Speaking of five pounds of fur, I was adventurous today and cleaned out our vacuum filter. I need to tell David to stop shedding so much (I'm not sure where he gets his foot-and-a-half-long hairs from, but it's got to stop. Our vacuum just can't take five pounds of fiber every other week when I vacuum).
Last important question of the day: do camels have fur or hair? My research has yielded both results. I wonder if that means that my legs are actually furry instead of hairy... I'll let you know when I figure that one out (after I sell one of my kidneys on the black market, of course).
The most groundbreaking aspect of my research, however, is the fact that camels do, in fact, shed their fur. They molt once a year, losing big clumps of fur at a time, making them look like a stuffed animal that has received too much loving. Did I mention that they shed about five pounds of hair whenever they molt? Well, they do! Crazy camels!
For some reason I haven't been able to get over the five pounds of fur. Since discovering this tidbit (which, by the way, I have a feeling it's a useless fact that will allow me to win on Jeopardy someday (which really means that it isn't all that useless)), I've been wondering about how many pounds of hair I shed in the year. Or even more importantly, how many pounds of leg hair I shave in a year. Too bad I can't sell my leg hair to make mohair suits or the like - I could fund my legal studies simply by taking a rusty razor to my skin without being tempted to do something drastic (like sell my organs on the black market (an activity that is chuck-full with rusty razors (but maybe that's just a false stereotype that I have because I actually don't know anything about organ donation to the black market (if I ever become acquainted with the occupation, I'll let you know)))).
Speaking of five pounds of fur, I was adventurous today and cleaned out our vacuum filter. I need to tell David to stop shedding so much (I'm not sure where he gets his foot-and-a-half-long hairs from, but it's got to stop. Our vacuum just can't take five pounds of fiber every other week when I vacuum).
Last important question of the day: do camels have fur or hair? My research has yielded both results. I wonder if that means that my legs are actually furry instead of hairy... I'll let you know when I figure that one out (after I sell one of my kidneys on the black market, of course).
That is the greatest tidbit to know! hahaha...This post brought me back to our Freshman year ;) And the best line was about selling your hair to make mohair suits. Oh, how I miss you Jessica!
ReplyDelete