sam's birth story
A bunch of people have asked me about Sam's birth. So here are more details (and pictures) than anyone ever wanted. Enjoy! (Also, I wrote this a few weeks ago. It's amazing to see how much he has changed over the past seven weeks. Time flies when you are sleep deprived.) Our little burrito made his debut on Friday, November 6 at 4:45 p.m., weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces, and measured 19.5 inches long. And he was (and is) just perfect. But let me back up. I think I mentioned in this post that David and I were prompted to start trying for a baby much, much sooner than we originally planned. So after much prayer and discussion, we went for it. To be honest, I thought it would take months for the double line to appear on the pregnancy test. But it didn't. And when half a dozen pregnancy tests came back positive (which is a funny story in and of itself, but that's for another day), I felt all the feels. Surprised. Excited. Terrified. Elated. Anxious. Let's just say tha...

Thanks for posting this! I really needed it!
ReplyDelete