the city of saint francis

David and I spent part of our spring break(s) in Sacramento and San Francisco to visit his dad and step-mom. It was a grand adventure, especially since we caravanned there with his brothers and their families. I failed to take pictures of every leg of the adventure (like the Bonneville Salt Flats that have since turned into the Bonneville Salt Lake or the fish hatchery by the American River), but here are some pictures from San Francisco. I think I need to take more pictures of people instead of things (since I realized we never got a group photo of everyone-sad day), but that is something I will have to remedy on another vacation (which really means that we need to go back to San Francisco/Sacramento. I thoroughly enjoyed my maiden voyage to northern California).

Ghirardelli Square! (I still can't say Ghirardelli for the life of me. At least they
gave us free chocolate).

Nieces!  They are the best!

Love this little girl.


Love this guy.

Ever since England, I love warning/caution signs. They are always a hoot to read.

David and his dad.



Union Square

I hate the nickname Jessie, but I still thought it was cool there was a street that was almost named after me.


Looking out on Union Square from the top of Macy's.



We went there.  They had cool shoes.

And evidently pigeons like leftover cheesecake.



Trolley ride!






Fisherman's Wharf




The Golden Gate Bridge in its foggy glory.


Also, happy Pi Day!  There will be pictures of pi(e) soon, but I thought it would be appropriate to publish this post on 3.14 at 1:59 since those are the digits I happen to know (and also since David loves pi(e)).

Comments

  1. We had a blast with you two crazy kids. Thanks for putting up with us. You are so awesome and me and Matt and all three girls love you like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri! We're so glad that you came, too! You guys are the best! I'm so grateful to be part of this awesome family.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady