celebredationary!

Huzzah for finishing my first year of law school! I apologize for my absence since last week-I had two finals this week that drove me a little crazy (I had my Constitutional Law final on Monday, and my Property final yesterday morning). I don't think it has quite hit me yet that I am done (as in done DONE). But that didn't stop me and David from partying last night.

Also, yesterday was a special, awesome day to celebrate: 5 years ago yesterday, David and I went on our first date:
Yay for Senior Prom during our junior year of high school! (Weren't we cute? Actually, I won't be offended if you think we haven't changed (much). I still get comments asking me about what year I am in high school). Besides having dance pictures, we even have video footage of our day activity since our dance group made an epicly awesome movie (David and I were joking yesterday that we have more video footage of our first date than we do our wedding day since we didn't have a videographer. I personally don't mind since our first date was more of a true beginning than our wedding day).

To celebrate, we took the bus to Bountiful (since the Prunester (our car) had to go to the car doctor), picked up a car from my parents (which was also fitting since that is the car that took us on many of our other dates), and went to the Mandarin, the restaurant where we ate dinner the night of our first date. We tried to remember some of the things we talked about, including books and music. We also started a funny string of jokes about all of the things we didn't do on our first date (like play footsies - that would have been weird).
After dinner, we went to the Gateway which is where our dance was held. We snuck into the dance hall, danced for 15 seconds, and then had someone take our picture. I didn't think we'd be able to get back into that building unless there was an event there, so I was excited that it was open and that we didn't have to crash somebody else's high school dance to get in.
We then went to Barnes and Noble (another of our favorite early dating sites (and actually, a place we still frequent)), and picked out a book together. We had a hard time choosing between a couple of Mo Willems' creations, but we settled on this one:
Note: I'm a little obsessed with this pigeon, mostly because Mo Willems is so hilarious, and also because the Pigeon is so sassy. I like sassy birds.

And then we went home! Little did David know, however, that I had almost burnt down the apartment trying to make this:
It's a peanut butter pizza! When David asked me on our first date, he had me go on a scavenger hunt. One of the clues had me go to Papa Murphy's to get a peanut butter pizza (which really was just a hint for the workers there to know that they were supposed to give me the next clue). When I answered David with a "yes," I made him a real peanut butter pizza (aka peanut butter bars made on a pizza pan instead of on a cookie sheet). Peanut butter pizzas also figure into our engagement story (which you can read about here). I thought it would be fun to make him another peanut butter pizza yesterday (since all of our major life events seem to involve peanut butter pizzas). It was a great idea, except for the fact that our only pizza pan has little holes in the bottom (note: cookie dough likes to escape through holes like that). Also, I didn't realize that our easy-baked size oven isn't quite big enough for our pizza pan. Long story short, there was a little smoke, I almost missed my bus, but David was still happy. Look at that face! It's an expression of pure joy.
And that's that! Huzzah for celebrating the end of my first year of law school and the five year anniversary of our first date!

Comments

  1. Congrats on becoming 1/3 of a lawyer! And congrats on your 5-year-anniversary! I remember when he asked you to prom and you were super excited and I was like 'Who is this character?' :) He turned out to be pretty cool!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing finals, and five years together. You guys are super cute. Love you both so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady