a cryptic easter

Starting a blog post is the hardest part (usually). The middle words always seem to come, but the beginnings and the ends? Usually I'm pulling them out of thin air.

Anyways, this weekend, despite all the craziness, was wonderful. I honestly can't tell you what happened Saturday other than studying, tears, and ice cream. I think that sums up finals really well (ha. I'm talking like it's over. It's not. At least, not yet).

But Sunday was perfect. Church was wonderful. So many wonderful testimonies were given of the Savior and his atoning sacrifice. If you haven't seen this video, you should watch it. I have so much hope and peace in my life because of Jesus Christ. Knowing that he made it possible for me to be with my family forever--even after the grave--is one of the most beautiful gifts I could ever receive. Because of him, I am grateful and have hope that I can be my best, even on the days when everything seems grey. And because of him, I feel confidence and know that no matter what mistakes I make or have made, there is someone who understands completely and is reaching out and willing to help me every step of the way.
Aside from church, David and I went on an awesome Sunday walk. There's an old cemetery by our apartment, so naturally, we went and explored it (and when I say "by," I mean a couple of miles away. My feet found that out the hard way, but they loved it still the same). It seemed like an Easter-ish thing to do. Especially since there were crypts! David had fun peeking through the windows. I, on the other hand, was properly creeped out--I like keeping my crypts at arms length (or in Nancy Drew games--I can explore the computerized ones just fine). 

As we were wandering around, we started to find Easter eggs. No joke, there was a family doing their Easter egg hunt in the cemetery and around the crypts. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, but to each their own. As for me, I like my Cadbury eggs corpse free.

After some other shenanigans, we made our way home and bounced off to see family. All in all, it was a needed weekend, especially considering the death march of a final I took today. Despite the craziness of everything, I still feel so grateful. Because of him, life is wonderful (and doable), and I cannot complain about that. 

Comments

  1. You are awesome! I'm so glad that you survived that heinous final. Also I'm really glad that you explored the creepy cemetery because your stories were very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady