all the things

It's amazing how fast the world turns. Today feels like it should be a Monday (or even Tuesday). And it's Thursday (at least, when I started writing this post it was still Thursday . . .). My mind is boggled by this fact, so much so that I feel like every time I blink the sun sets and rises again. Life must be happening in hyperspeed. And my to-do list must be from the same genus as rabbits (seriously--every time I turn around, it starts getting busy, and before I know it, I have 143 more things to do. Sigh. All those hippity hoppity things).

In any event, a lot of things have happened around here. For one, David is convinced that my new favorite word is "things" because that is how I consistently describe my day:

D: What did you do today?
Me: Oh, you know. All the things.

But of course, David is smart and knows that my to-do list is virile and that no, I really haven't done all or even some (or sometimes any) of the things. Not that I don't try. But where do you start when you have a plantation of bunnies to look after?
Yes, Gromit. I know how you feel.
In any case, finals are coming (let the stress dreams begin!), moot court is over (more on that later--there is so much to share on that experience that it deserves a series of posts on its own), and there are still papers to write and research to finish. You know, just all the things. I guess I should take comfort in the fact that eventually some of the things will end (even though they will probably just be replaced by more (albeit different) things). Until then, I'm going to pretend that my to-do list is sterile and that the few things that I have to do really aren't all that bad.

[Also, it's General Conference weekend!  Ever wondered what members of the LDS Church or Mormons believe? Tune in tomorrow via lds.org--you don't want to miss it!]

[EDIT: I realized after writing this that I never said what new things were going on around here. Other than some post-law school job excitement (more on that later), nothing really is new. I'm in school, David is in school (and brings home the bacon (which is pretty great on breakfast for dinner nights)). But yeah. More posts to come on some of the other things.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady