and here we have option v
Something I have recently learned about myself: whenever I get anxious, I think about all of the possible ways I could run away (hypothetically speaking, of course. I have never actually run away and I don't ever plan to use this as a coping mechanism (although sometimes it seems as if it has its advantages...)). For example, when the LSAT starts to shoot lightning bolts at me, this is where my mind goes:
Idon'tknowaboutthistesthowaboutamission?Yeahamission
wouldbesomuchmoredoablethanthissillytest.Icouldlivewith
anothergirl24/7for18months.Yeahthat'stotallydoableforme.
Icouldlearnanotherlanguagelicketysplit.It'dbegreat.
(translation: I don't know about this test... how about a mission? Yeah! A mission would be so much more doable than this silly test. I could live with another girl 24/7 for 18 months. Yeah, that's totally doable for me! And I could learn another language lickety-split! It'd be great!)
And then I remember, "Oh yeah... missions scare me, too!"
One of the other thoughts that has popped into my head as an escape plan (and trust me, there are many) is to go to grad school and get my MFA (master's of fine arts) in something epic like essay writing. This has occurred to me on many occasions. In England it was a great alternative to M. LSAT. Today while I was talking to Dr. M, my essay professor from England, it seemed like the best idea ever. I could travel the world and write essays! Wouldn't that be great?
On second thought, I should probably stop running and get studying and writing and finishing up this term.
Sigh. I am so done with school. Maybe a mission isn't such a bad idea after all.
Note: This is me running far far away. For those of you who have seen the newer BBC version of Persuasion, this is the Royal Crescent in Bath. It is also the street that Anne Elliot runs up and down and all around trying to find Captain Wentworth. I ran up and down it to commemorate her stress. It was great. Huzzah for Jane Austen!
Idon'tknowaboutthistesthowaboutamission?Yeahamission
wouldbesomuchmoredoablethanthissillytest.Icouldlivewith
anothergirl24/7for18months.Yeahthat'stotallydoableforme.
Icouldlearnanotherlanguagelicketysplit.It'dbegreat.
(translation: I don't know about this test... how about a mission? Yeah! A mission would be so much more doable than this silly test. I could live with another girl 24/7 for 18 months. Yeah, that's totally doable for me! And I could learn another language lickety-split! It'd be great!)
And then I remember, "Oh yeah... missions scare me, too!"
One of the other thoughts that has popped into my head as an escape plan (and trust me, there are many) is to go to grad school and get my MFA (master's of fine arts) in something epic like essay writing. This has occurred to me on many occasions. In England it was a great alternative to M. LSAT. Today while I was talking to Dr. M, my essay professor from England, it seemed like the best idea ever. I could travel the world and write essays! Wouldn't that be great?
On second thought, I should probably stop running and get studying and writing and finishing up this term.
Sigh. I am so done with school. Maybe a mission isn't such a bad idea after all.
Note: This is me running far far away. For those of you who have seen the newer BBC version of Persuasion, this is the Royal Crescent in Bath. It is also the street that Anne Elliot runs up and down and all around trying to find Captain Wentworth. I ran up and down it to commemorate her stress. It was great. Huzzah for Jane Austen!
Comments
Post a Comment