love

is not a battlefield. It is also not a blooming red rose or a romantic walk in the park. Love is not hearts beating in synchronization, nor is it winning smiles and brightening eyes. Love is not little notes or sonnets or letters of affirmation. It has never been soft touches or knowing glances. Love is not giggling laughter or quiet understanding. Nope. Love is none of those things. To me, love is playing an intense game of tennis on a court that revolves like a treadmill that all happens to be riding on a roller coaster.

Sigh. Nathan, it's a good thing I love you lots, otherwise I think I would unbuckle my safety straps and jump to escape my insanity. But since we're on this ride together, we might as well have some fun. I scream, you scream, let's go get some ice cream.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady