strings
there are strings that pull
in every direction,
tugging at the fibers
of my mind,
spinning my thoughts,
yanking them
forwards and backwards,
sidewards,
up and down,
until I no longer know
who I am,
where I am going,
or how to be.
all I feel are the strings
and tugs that bind,
the welts that leave their mark
more on my heart
than on my wrists.
but now, the harder you pull,
the more I want to tug back
and break the ropes
that trust would never lash
around the beatings
of my soul.
but I will never fly,
my freedom will never be free,
unless you with your love
untie me.
in every direction,
tugging at the fibers
of my mind,
spinning my thoughts,
yanking them
forwards and backwards,
sidewards,
up and down,
until I no longer know
who I am,
where I am going,
or how to be.
all I feel are the strings
and tugs that bind,
the welts that leave their mark
more on my heart
than on my wrists.
but now, the harder you pull,
the more I want to tug back
and break the ropes
that trust would never lash
around the beatings
of my soul.
but I will never fly,
my freedom will never be free,
unless you with your love
untie me.
Comments
Post a Comment