random questions


Some random wonderings that have come to mind as of late:
  1. What is the plural of mongoose?
  2. If a husband and wife speak of each other as "their better half," what does a polygamist man say about  one of his wives?  Is she "his better sixteenth?"
  3. I'm still stuck on the "impending impending" idea, but I think I may have resolved it: if something is coming, then until it actually arrives, it will always be in the process of coming.  So you can't have something that is pre-coming, because by definition, it is already coming.  Therefore, my previous use of the phrase, "nigh upon impending," was rather redundant (but I still like it).
  4. Who is John Galt?
  5. Why are onion rings so delicious?
I'm sure I will have more questions come to mind in the coming days/hours/minutes.  In the meantime, I'm going to eat banana bread.  And study criminal law.  And trim gnome toenails.  It should be fun.

Comments

  1. hahahaha!! Oh man! That 1/16th had me laughing for a long time! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady