bilingual, trilingual...babel-lingual, it's all the same!
I am sitting in a hallway, listening to a variety of conversations. To my right are two girls talking about various languages. They are in an Italian class. When they grow up, they want to marry missionaries who went to foreign countries so that they can teach their children (at least) three languages. They want their children to be "privileged." As an English major and a former Spanish and a current French student I suppose I could marry some guy who went to Germany on his mission and teach my children to be semi-fluent in all four languages. Hm. I shall have to seriously consider this. I wouldn't want to deprive my children of "being privileged."
Other conversations include where (not) to live. I haven't been listening to that one quite as closely. Ah, well. I suppose I can make up my own details.
Other conversations include where (not) to live. I haven't been listening to that one quite as closely. Ah, well. I suppose I can make up my own details.
Wow! I guess I should have taken my Spanish and Norwegian classes more serious so my children would have been "privileged" Oh well! I think we have great kids even if they are not designated as "being privileged".
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Mom
Thanks, Mom :)
ReplyDelete