Truth: pregnancy has made me rather cynical. I try to keep it hidden most of the time (and usually David is the one who bears the brunt of my pent-up sass. He is a champion). I'm not sure why cynicism is a current symptom I am experiencing. It may be due to the fact that I recently read a quote that opened my eyes to all of the nonsensical things people say to fill up space. Here it is, for your own personal enjoyment: "Yesterday at church, a lady took me aside with the express purpose to tell me, 'Don't feel bad. When God closes a door, he opens a window.'" Melissa choked on some pita bread. "I kid you not. What the heck does that mean anyway? That I'm supposed to climb out a window now? Or is the window just to air out the house, which is stinking to high heaven, given the fact that the door has been shut indefinitely and NO ONE CAN GET OUT?!" —Shannon Hale, The Actor and the Housewife (2009). After laughing out loud, I started to t...
My mom always talked about how she wanted to stick a tampon up her nose when we went skiing. Tissues are so hard to handle when a person is skiing, but stuff continually runs down his or her nose. At least in my family.
ReplyDeleteMy mom never did it, though, so it's good to know that it actually works. :P