tender mercy
Why is it that these staring words
were meant for me to read this day,
to be received by tearful eyes
and aching heart in halting prayer?
I hold them close, in silence find
impossible the fact your hand
in knowing wrote these words to me;
yet denying would be blindness,
doubt, when I know that words can touch
the yearning heart when needed most.
Yes, I needed your words today,
grateful am I that with me they
will in my heart forever stay.
were meant for me to read this day,
to be received by tearful eyes
and aching heart in halting prayer?
I hold them close, in silence find
impossible the fact your hand
in knowing wrote these words to me;
yet denying would be blindness,
doubt, when I know that words can touch
the yearning heart when needed most.
Yes, I needed your words today,
grateful am I that with me they
will in my heart forever stay.
Just amazing. Thank you.
ReplyDelete