in this i do believe

Today in Sunday School we talked about different ways in which we can share our religion. It came up (mostly because of the amazing openness of my dear friend, Jefferson), that we can share our religion or beliefs through blogging, facebook, or other social networking sites.

This has caused me to ponder.

I don't think I've ever shared my testimony of Jesus Christ through monkeysoup!... although I have posts here and there that imply that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I don't know if I've ever actually come out and said it.

So...

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I believe that Jesus Christ atoned for the sins of the world. He is my Redeemer and Friend. I believe in a living prophet upon the earth today. His name is Thomas S. Monson. Because of that, I believe in living revelation, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe in ancient scripture. I believe that the Bible is the word of God, as is the Book of Mormon which is another testament of Jesus Christ. I am a Christian. I believe in the Plan of Salvation (also known as the Plan of Happiness) and the ability for families to live together forever. I also know without a doubt that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me and know who I am. They hear and answer my prayers, and they have a plan for me.

And that is just a small snippet of my testimony. There are so many more things I could say, but now is not the time. Until then, please visit mormon.org to learn more about what I believe in and know to be true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady