speaking of happy voices...
A conversation I had today at work:
Me: "*Insert name of my job here*, this is Jessica."
Kindly Grandfather: "Hello. I am the grandfather of such and such student and I have a couple of questions about helping him pay his tuition."
Me: *Insert answers to questions here.*
Me: "Is there anything else I can do to help you?"
Kindly Grandfather: "No, thank you. But can I say something personal?"
Me: "Um, sure..."
Kindly Grandfather: "Your smile shows in your voice."
To tell the truth, I was caught very much off guard, especially since I couldn't help him because of our wonderful privacy laws. I was expecting him to be angry or say something about my speed talking ('causesometimesItalklikethiswhenIamnervous). But instead he gave me a compliment (at least, I am taking it as a compliment...).
On a second thought, maybe that means I'm still way too happy... but frankly, I don't care! I love crazy good happiness!
Me: "*Insert name of my job here*, this is Jessica."
Kindly Grandfather: "Hello. I am the grandfather of such and such student and I have a couple of questions about helping him pay his tuition."
Me: *Insert answers to questions here.*
Me: "Is there anything else I can do to help you?"
Kindly Grandfather: "No, thank you. But can I say something personal?"
Me: "Um, sure..."
Kindly Grandfather: "Your smile shows in your voice."
To tell the truth, I was caught very much off guard, especially since I couldn't help him because of our wonderful privacy laws. I was expecting him to be angry or say something about my speed talking ('causesometimesItalklikethiswhenIamnervous). But instead he gave me a compliment (at least, I am taking it as a compliment...).
On a second thought, maybe that means I'm still way too happy... but frankly, I don't care! I love crazy good happiness!
Defiantly take it as a compliment. I have no doubt that's what he meant it as. Seeing as we have far to few people that are happy. Keep being your happy self.
ReplyDelete