#amwriting
Sometimes I write phrases like, "There is no question that [fill in the blank]." CITE. The "CITE" means that I need to find a case or a statute or something under the sun (not a Wikipedia article) that supports the fact that simply must be true.
Sometimes I start looking for the CITE. And sometimes I discover that the phrase I wrote is simply untrue. And not just untrue, but completely and utterly false. It's as if I wrote, "There is no question that gravity makes things float," or "There is no question that David hates waffles." Basically, there is no question that I was flat-out wrong.
Sometimes the lies I told turn everything upside down. And sometimes (read: all the times) that means I must rearrange all the things. Sometimes this means I must start over on some of the things.
#amkickingmyselfwhilstwriting
See you in two weeks, friends. This brief just got longer.
[Lest any of you think I am fishing for sympathy, I do think this situation is funny. And I have learned my lesson to cite as I write (how's that for a pithy turn of phrase?). I am most definitely counting my lucky (and not so lucky) stars that I made this discovery now and not a week and a half from today.]
Sometimes I start looking for the CITE. And sometimes I discover that the phrase I wrote is simply untrue. And not just untrue, but completely and utterly false. It's as if I wrote, "There is no question that gravity makes things float," or "There is no question that David hates waffles." Basically, there is no question that I was flat-out wrong.
Sometimes the lies I told turn everything upside down. And sometimes (read: all the times) that means I must rearrange all the things. Sometimes this means I must start over on some of the things.
#amkickingmyselfwhilstwriting
See you in two weeks, friends. This brief just got longer.
[Lest any of you think I am fishing for sympathy, I do think this situation is funny. And I have learned my lesson to cite as I write (how's that for a pithy turn of phrase?). I am most definitely counting my lucky (and not so lucky) stars that I made this discovery now and not a week and a half from today.]

Comments
Post a Comment