plugging along
Just as a brief update, I am now working on the oral argument part of moot court. You know, the part where I have to get up and talk in front of people. I never used to be afraid of audiences or being in the limelight. But a switch flipped sometime during my teenage years and I became shy of anything that involves alone time in the spotlight. Sometimes my legs shake. Other times I get nervous poops (not while at the podium, mind you). And other times my mind goes completely blank. It's lovely.
But miracles happen. Last year with the law school's moot court finals I was able to overcome my fears and argue better than I ever had before. Many, many, many prayers were answered that day, and I know that God helped me to be better than my best. There's no other explanation for it.
This time around, I am just as nervous (if not more so) than I was last year. It's funny how that happens. But I know that things will work out, especially if I trust in God. Whether we win or lose, I know that God will again help me to do better than my best as long as I trust in him and do my part to prepare to the best of my ability.
In short, no matter what happens, it will be a good experience.

You are amazing Jessica. You will do great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cari! I appreciate it! :)
Delete