to be brief
The words have been written (or to edit the passive voice out of that phrase: we wrote the words). They've been worked and reworked and scratched and sliced and mashed and slashed and burned. (edit: We worked, reworked, scratched, sliced, mashed, slashed, and burned all the words). Analogies were cut; arguments rehashed; entire sections were whittled down (edit: We cut analogies, rehashed arguments, and whittled down entire sections).
And now we're done. We turned it in. And somehow, after spending my entire fall break writing and rewriting and arguing and editing, it is finished. (And no, I'm not joking about the fall break thing. I had my first 70+ hour work week of straight 9:00 AM to midnight work, and I really hope it doesn't happen again for a really long time (edit: take out the -ly words. They are tacky)).
And now I must sleep. After I catch up on all of the other things that I neglected. (edit: take out the superfluous "that"). And when I wake up, I shall eat all of the cream cheese peanut butter bars. Because that is the best thing to do when one is in post-traumatic paper writing recovery mode (edit: sentence fragment? Only use for emphasis in unique circumstances).
[P.S. David gets credit for providing me with food, water, air, sunlight, and blessed cream cheese peanut butter bars. And for cleaning our apartment and driving me places and bringing me joy. He is pretty swell, and I think I shall keep him forever and ever.]
Comments
Post a Comment