forced naps
You think there wouldn't be a thing called "forced naps." But there is. And I'm not talking about naps for children under the age of five (or whatever age children stop resisting that glorious thing called sleep). Then again, now that I think about it, what I'm about to write makes me seem like I am five years old. This growing up thing takes time, I suppose.
After turning in our moot court brief on Monday, I didn't sleep. I was too tired to do anything, and that included sleeping. So yesterday morning after a late night/early morning of editing first-year memos, David gave me the nicest ultimatum that anybody could ever give me: I'll take you to school so you can turn in your memo edits, and then I'll bring you home. But only if you sleep.
So he took me to school, watched me copy the things in my cave, and then followed me to my writing professor's office so I could give her the memos. When I gave them to her, she said, "Is this your husband?" After finishing our introductions, the first thing she said was "Take her home so she can sleep." (Note: I didn't tell her I had probably only slept a total of x hours in two days. But I guess me showing up to school in my pajamas probably clued her in on my zombie transformation).
And that is exactly what David did. He took me home, tucked me in, and I zonked out and dreamed about moot court for x hours.
I'm thinking this forced nap idea should be a thing. I'm going to try to schedule another one this week (Friday morning, perhaps?). I'll let you know how it goes.
[Also, this video isn't related to anything. But David and I thought it was clever and funny. Studio C brings me joy.]
After turning in our moot court brief on Monday, I didn't sleep. I was too tired to do anything, and that included sleeping. So yesterday morning after a late night/early morning of editing first-year memos, David gave me the nicest ultimatum that anybody could ever give me: I'll take you to school so you can turn in your memo edits, and then I'll bring you home. But only if you sleep.
So he took me to school, watched me copy the things in my cave, and then followed me to my writing professor's office so I could give her the memos. When I gave them to her, she said, "Is this your husband?" After finishing our introductions, the first thing she said was "Take her home so she can sleep." (Note: I didn't tell her I had probably only slept a total of x hours in two days. But I guess me showing up to school in my pajamas probably clued her in on my zombie transformation).
And that is exactly what David did. He took me home, tucked me in, and I zonked out and dreamed about moot court for x hours.
I'm thinking this forced nap idea should be a thing. I'm going to try to schedule another one this week (Friday morning, perhaps?). I'll let you know how it goes.
[Also, this video isn't related to anything. But David and I thought it was clever and funny. Studio C brings me joy.]
Comments
Post a Comment