did i ever tell you...
...about the time I presented Eustace to the Queen? No? Oh. Must have slipped my mind. Truth is, she wasn't all that friendly. In fact, I'd say the day we met her she was a little crusty. And her makeup? Goodness, you'd think her costumers/public advisers/wardrobe whatcha-ma-call-its would learn that wax is a little too stiff for the public eye.
Still, here we are! It definitely beats our later experiences at Buckingham Palace. Maybe someday the Queen will smile at me...

Note: As fun as it was to see Madame Tussaud's wax impersonation of the Queen, I'd have to say I really did not care for the rest of the company's makeovers at Warwick Castle. History, no matter how valuable of an investment, should not be prostituted through commercialism. As much money as one can make by exploiting historical artifacts, I don't think it's fair to dress them up with gaudy paint in order to cover up their intrinsic value. But alas. Thank you, Madame Tussaud. Maybe by the next time I visit Warwick you could improve the place with a roller coaster through the castle dungeons. (It'll boost your sales immensely).
Still, here we are! It definitely beats our later experiences at Buckingham Palace. Maybe someday the Queen will smile at me...
Note: As fun as it was to see Madame Tussaud's wax impersonation of the Queen, I'd have to say I really did not care for the rest of the company's makeovers at Warwick Castle. History, no matter how valuable of an investment, should not be prostituted through commercialism. As much money as one can make by exploiting historical artifacts, I don't think it's fair to dress them up with gaudy paint in order to cover up their intrinsic value. But alas. Thank you, Madame Tussaud. Maybe by the next time I visit Warwick you could improve the place with a roller coaster through the castle dungeons. (It'll boost your sales immensely).
Comments
Post a Comment