going hunting
I was making a list of all the things I don't want to do last night. Besides not wanting to duel M. LSAT (oh how I loathe his grossness), I started thinking about the elusive beast called "a job." I'm sure you've heard of this legend before, if not in fairy tales than in some children's book or another. Basically "a job" is similar to a white stag in that it only appears once in every blue moon in obscure forests or jungles. People like to chase after it with their coat of arms and other qualifications, but only the most noble in heart are able to obtain it. Come to find out, "a job" is not too keen on giving itself up to humanities majors. In fact, those types of "jobs" that are available to English lovers like me are typically not all that ideal. Rather than being white, beautiful, and something to brag about, they are greasy, smelly, and most inhumane.
Maybe this is why I dreamed about switching my major last night to environmental science. I think if I were a little more acquainted with the flora and fauna, "a job" would be more inclined to present itself to me. You know, I could sneak up on it and nab it before it ever knew what happened.
Who am I kidding? That's not going to happen.
Thus, the hunt is on! Starting in December, I better have caught myself "a job." Otherwise, I am going to be "in trouble" (maybe you've heard of that monster, too).

Note: this is me and Eustace looking for "a job." If you see one, let me know! We will love you forever if you are so kind as to point us in the right direction.
Maybe this is why I dreamed about switching my major last night to environmental science. I think if I were a little more acquainted with the flora and fauna, "a job" would be more inclined to present itself to me. You know, I could sneak up on it and nab it before it ever knew what happened.
Who am I kidding? That's not going to happen.
Thus, the hunt is on! Starting in December, I better have caught myself "a job." Otherwise, I am going to be "in trouble" (maybe you've heard of that monster, too).
Note: this is me and Eustace looking for "a job." If you see one, let me know! We will love you forever if you are so kind as to point us in the right direction.
Oh my goodness, you are so awesome. Your posts always make my day or night as it my be. Here's to hoping you find that awesome job.
ReplyDelete