adventure is out there!

Last night, my parents and littlest sister took David and I out for ice cream. We went to a park and sat on a bench, eating our ice cream and watching hundreds of ducks hustle back and forth across the pond to find the next bread crumb. I wish I could have captured that moment on camera (and I also wish more of my family could have been there to share it with us—there was still room on the bench for two). It was so peaceful—the right word might even be serene (although the littlest sister couldn't get over the smell. There were a lot of ducks).

And last night, snuggling in bed, David and I marveled at the direction life has taken us. I think we are both in awe at the journey we are on—David graduating so fast, me surviving law school with my head above water, the job opportunities we've been presented with—it leaves us wondering what the significance is of our being on this path. In any case, we're running with it. And I suppose we'll keep running until we are told to stop.

Tonight we hiked in the twilight. And yes, we did run, although not for very long (this summer will go down in history as the Great Atrophication—my muscles have trouble remembering what it is like to move. Sitting at a desk and eating elephants every day for lunch does that to a person). Though I'm sure David's mind was still humming with code, mine was singing, still in awe at the journey we have found ourselves on.

As darkness fell, we decided we better head for home. But we promised ourselves that we would come back soon and hike just a bit further. Adventure is out there, we said. We'll come back another day.

And by golly, so we will. Adventure is out there! It's headed our way! And cross my heart, this time around, I am going to do my best to feel grateful and remember these happy little moments every step of the way.

Comments

  1. I love this! And I love you! Your adventure is a great one and you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady