negating negative nancy

Some days I am a Negative Nancy. I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and the days progress to an inevitable dark and stormy night. Of course, on those days I step in a puddle and sop around in wet shoes and socks until my toes turn into prunes.

Sometimes I'm an Anxious Amy, with my mind racing 110 mph and thinking of all the awful things that could happen while riding public transportation. Or I convince myself that I haven't been working nearly hard enough on whatever it is I am doing, thereby gaining Hopeless Helga as a dual personality.

And then I'm a Restless Rachel. I . . . can't . . . focus . . . (checks email for the 173rd time . . .).

Other times I feel like a Sassy Sarah. Oh snap!

The list could go on and on. I started this post sometime last school year when I was in the throes of all the things (and as a side note, I'm pretty sure the phrase, "all the things," will forever sum up my second year of law school). In any case, I want to make this year different. Because I am prone to let my emotions spill all over the place when school is in session, I am setting a back-to-school goal for myself:
I, Jessica, hereby pledge to blog about three happy things each week. Be it gratitude grams or things I've learned or funny faces David makes, I promise to share (some of, if not all of) the things that make life grand. #ShareGoodness
Call me a Grateful Grace, but I'm excited. Here's to the promise of a new (and my final law school) year.
[And as a side note (I've been rocking side notes a lot lately—they seem to be in style like the side braid), I wrote this post a couple of days ago before Elder David A. Bednar issued his Mormon social media challenge on sharing goodness. I've been debating about whether or not this is something I should do for a variety of reasons (hence my delay in posting this promise). But his talk helped me to commit to the idea of negating Negative Nancy by looking for and sharing the good things that happen every day.]

Comments

  1. Such a great idea - especially since you had the same brain waves as Elder Bednar! I can't wait for all of your posts! It reminds me of your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I miss making my Good Things Notebook! (And side note: I check your blog nearly every day and then make David look at cute baby pictures with me. Christian is darling. And you are such a cute mom. Love you! :)).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady