bend it like beckham
Well, that's that. Pruny has found a new home, and we have found a new car. This is what we looked like prior to said occurrences:
And this is what we look like now:
Not that we won't miss Pruny. She got David to and from school and work, and occasionally took me places. But Beckham. Man. What a fine looking specimen of motor vehicle. When we were looking for a new(er) car, I told David I wouldn't mind (woman-speak for, "I would really like") a grey car. But not just any kind of grey. You know, the smoldering, shivers down your spine color of grey (aka charcoal). You may think I'm crazy, but it's a really good looking color (I have since started calling it, and David has continued to perpetuate the label, "sexy grey").
Anyways. We went to the car lot and saw what is now our Beckham. Someone had already put money down on him, so we test drove other cars. The next day we casually walked by to see if he was still on hold. And he was free! So we test drove him, fell in love, introduced him to my parents, they fell in love, and that was that. It was simply meant to be.
I should also mention that we are debating as to whether his name is actually Beckham. I don't think David cares much for that name (it doesn't help that he thinks "underwear model" and I think "manly soccer player"). So we're working on something we can mutually agree on. Until then, we're sticking with Beckham. And I'm perfectly content with that.
Beckham is the perfect name for this vehicle. And I think of both the manly soccer player and the underwear model and I'm perfectly okay with that. I love the sexy grey as well! It's so glorious!!
ReplyDeleteAgreed! So far the name is sticking, and I'm not complaining :)
Delete