runnering*

Now that David is done with school, he has absolutely nothing to do (ha, that's a lie. He's already started working on some side app development projects). I showed him how to knit the other day—the joke was that while I'm in school for this next year that he would need to do something where he could sit quietly in the corner. Knitting fit that bill (although coding does, too, which is what he will actually do).

In any case, I have not started school yet (oh glorious final week of freedom! Why must you leave me so soon?). Because we both have been a little under the weather with the summer flu, we've been reading together (to clarify, we are not reading to each other, but reading together. As in we read the same pages of the same book and only turn the page when we are both ready to do so). We are currently on Book 2 of The Maze Runner Series.

I won't say much about the book, although I will say we generally like it with reservations. You see, David is a wizard at pointing out the nitty gritty fallacies in just about any creative endeavor. Which is awesome—it means that when I start writing real things, I have a built-in editor who can tell me when my story doesn't make any sense.

In any case, it's a good book based around an interesting concept—what more can you ask from an end-of-summer read?
P.S. I changed my blog format around a little bit—what do you think? It's still unconventional (and dreadfully minimalist—I'll work on that at some later date).

[*As a side note, the title of this post is based on a story I heard in high school about a misspelling on the cheerleader's hoodies. Instead of saying "cheerleading," the hoodies said, "cheerleadering." Also, it is more fun to say "runnering" than it is to say "running." Plus, I believe runnering is the more correct rendering of the actions required to escape from bears. Not that there are any bears in The Maze Runner. [End justification for poor spelling.]]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady