back to the races again
Today (which really was yesterday, but whatever) I ran a marathon. It took me ten hours to cross the finish line, but I did it! With months out of practice (I haven't trained since this summer), I still finished my race. My feet didn't cramp up or fall asleep, and I still managed to breathe and talk all at the same time. I (surprisingly!) didn't make any fatal errors, and I actually feel all right about my performance, especially since the last race I ran ended quite badly (I feel like I tripped and fell on my face (sadly, the internal wounds were much worse than the scabs on my head)). But I did it! Even though I was scared silly and my legs were as shaky as a newborn colt, I still was able to run. And though I wasn't as good as I used to be, I was reminded today that I can still run and that I am worth the journey.
I don't think I'll be running any more races anytime soon (at least, not this same course). But I do appreciate the friend who encouraged me to start running by giving me the chance to stretch my legs once again.
I don't think I'll be running any more races anytime soon (at least, not this same course). But I do appreciate the friend who encouraged me to start running by giving me the chance to stretch my legs once again.
Comments
Post a Comment