a declaration (of sorts)
I don't know why I'm blogging - I really don't have anything significant to say tonight. I suppose that goes against my blogger's creed. Usually I have a message - however subtle and directed it may be - but tonight there is nothing I really want to say. I suppose it just feels good to write, and by writing I don't mean research papers or memos or technical reports - I've done enough those in the last few weeks. Instead, it feels good to speak words, to whisper them to myself as I type them on the page, to feel them roll across my tongue and vibrate across my lips. To me, words signify that I am alive. As a living, breathing human being, the ability to speak means that my existence is worth something. Maybe I don't have much to say, and maybe what I say doesn't mean anything to anyone else, but to me, the fact that I can speak and write means that I will continue to do so just to prove that I am here. Though I may be small and insignificant, I am somebody who has something to say. And until that fact is no longer true, I will continue to write and speak, declaring my existence and my ability to be myself.
Comments
Post a Comment