conversation starters

A typical conversation in the life of me:

"Hey Jessica! How are you? How's that gnome of yours doing?"

Or...

"Jessica! It's been awhile! Where's Nathan? I miss him!"

(this next one is my favorite)

"Jessica! We're going to such-and-such place! Can you bring Nathan along?"

For some reason this seems rather odd to me. How is it that my gnome is more popular than I am? Is this a good thing? I've never dealt with this before. I've had friends and siblings who excel at things more than I will ever be able to claim, but a gnome stealing all of my friends? I am concerned, very concerned indeed.

And yet, I love my little gnomie and all that he stands for. I love that people accept him and me (or at least, they do a really great job of pretending like they do). And I love that even though I am rather odd, that others are willing to join in with me and make life interesting.

Huzzah for garden gnomes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dean's list

convos with a prego lady

new happenings (as experienced by me)