conversation starters

A typical conversation in the life of me:

"Hey Jessica! How are you? How's that gnome of yours doing?"

Or...

"Jessica! It's been awhile! Where's Nathan? I miss him!"

(this next one is my favorite)

"Jessica! We're going to such-and-such place! Can you bring Nathan along?"

For some reason this seems rather odd to me. How is it that my gnome is more popular than I am? Is this a good thing? I've never dealt with this before. I've had friends and siblings who excel at things more than I will ever be able to claim, but a gnome stealing all of my friends? I am concerned, very concerned indeed.

And yet, I love my little gnomie and all that he stands for. I love that people accept him and me (or at least, they do a really great job of pretending like they do). And I love that even though I am rather odd, that others are willing to join in with me and make life interesting.

Huzzah for garden gnomes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady