here's to a good friendship

Dear Computer Science,

Though I still have half a day more that I must spend with you, I think you ought to know something: I'm breaking up with you. You're an awesome guy, really and truly. You've taught me how to think in different ways, to stretch my brain so that somehow all of your jibberish made sense. I tried as hard as I could to make it work, but to tell the truth, I just can't do this anymore. If I use the phrase "it doesn't feel right" will you call me a cop-out? I hope not. To tell the truth, it did feel right once upon a time. I know why it was right then, just as I am convinced that my decision is the right one now. I had a lot to learn, and those things could only be taught by you. I thank you for that. You are awesome and powerful in what you can do.

But now it is time for me to say goodbye. I have other commitments - you know that. English will always be my love, and I don't think that is ever going to change. I am so close to graduating - you know that, too - that to stretch myself even thinner would be a folly from which I may never recover. I'm sorry I need more time away from you. For this and other reasons we already discussed, I must go. I may see you every now and again, and if I do, I promise I will always go out of my way to be friendly. But that is all I can give. Even though it may be painful, I hope you try to understand.

Here's to a good friendship,

Jessica

P.S. I know you know that I am not this stupid, but I hope this makes you laugh:

Comments

  1. First: Good riddance Computer Science!
    Second: I love that comic.
    Third: I very much vote that I see you over the break.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady