thoughts on baked jell-o

Evidently, you can't bake Jell-O. And evidently, I don't proofread my papers well enough.

Chalk this one up to my overall brilliance as a last minute writer.

Speaking of last minute writing, I'm avoiding the doom of another paper right now. And during this final moment of the briefest escape comes a quiet sigh. Despite my baked Jell-O and other awkwardness, I am all right. And maybe that phrase means nothing to anyone but me, but after being lost in anxious thought for so long, I am grateful for those sudden moments in which I can see clearly again. I suppose you could say I lost myself by trying to look through the distorted murkiness of Jell-O (and as we all now know, baking it doesn't help things at all), but to tell the truth, I think I will always be finding and seeing myself in a new light day after day after day. Whether or not I'm trying to look at myself through a Jell-O mirror, it is through the moments in which I finally catch a glimpse of myself as being all right that I feel the greatest peace. And I am so grateful for that.

Sigh. I suppose it's time for me to end my abstract Jell-O analogies and return to the final sprint. Let's get 'er done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady