and thus it begins (again)... (good thing 13.7)
Another semester, woot woot! I guess there is nothing too momentous about starting one's second semester of law school. In fact, as soon as I sat down in the library early this morning to start studying, I felt as if I had never even left the school or had a Christmas break. I think that feeling is the result of not knowing my grades from last semester (evidently it takes a really long time to grade final exams), and as such, I feel as if last semester hasn't really ended. Hopefully I will get some closure soon (because when I do, I plan to lead the rest of the law school into singing "Hakuna Matata" with me so that we can all effectively leave the past behind).
Anyways, besides planning my "Hakuna Matata" flash mob, the good thing of today is not the free pizza I received by going to a lunchtime seminar in which I and the rest of my job-searching classmates were compared to weeble wobbles (as in, searching for jobs is tough! You'll get knocked down, but you'll pop up again! And you'll get knocked down again, but you'll pop up again and try something else! And you will persist, even though you'll get knocked down again, and... you get the drill). The good thing of today is also not my property professor making jabs at Downton Abbey during his lecture, nor the fact that he spent an hour and a half lecturing on little more than twenty lines of text (surprisingly, it was rather interesting (but that could be because of the Downton Abbey jabs)). Instead, the good thing of today is the fact that David made me orange juice. And it made me happy. That is all.
Also, I'm thinking about writing a post about why law school is so awful. I feel like a lot of people have the impression that law school is a beast, but they don't really know why. All they know is that anyone who enters the doors doesn't come back as an entirely sane person. Anyways, maybe this is dumb (and no, I'm not trying to write an expose), but I guess I want to give my two cents on why law school is bad, that it doesn't really have to be bad, but that the legal culture wants to make it seem bad. We'll see. Who knows, maybe I'll start to change my views after the start of this semester as I become more accustomed to the "artistry of the tapestry of the law" (or whatever it is those enamored legal people laud).
Anyways, besides planning my "Hakuna Matata" flash mob, the good thing of today is not the free pizza I received by going to a lunchtime seminar in which I and the rest of my job-searching classmates were compared to weeble wobbles (as in, searching for jobs is tough! You'll get knocked down, but you'll pop up again! And you'll get knocked down again, but you'll pop up again and try something else! And you will persist, even though you'll get knocked down again, and... you get the drill). The good thing of today is also not my property professor making jabs at Downton Abbey during his lecture, nor the fact that he spent an hour and a half lecturing on little more than twenty lines of text (surprisingly, it was rather interesting (but that could be because of the Downton Abbey jabs)). Instead, the good thing of today is the fact that David made me orange juice. And it made me happy. That is all.
Also, I'm thinking about writing a post about why law school is so awful. I feel like a lot of people have the impression that law school is a beast, but they don't really know why. All they know is that anyone who enters the doors doesn't come back as an entirely sane person. Anyways, maybe this is dumb (and no, I'm not trying to write an expose), but I guess I want to give my two cents on why law school is bad, that it doesn't really have to be bad, but that the legal culture wants to make it seem bad. We'll see. Who knows, maybe I'll start to change my views after the start of this semester as I become more accustomed to the "artistry of the tapestry of the law" (or whatever it is those enamored legal people laud).
Comments
Post a Comment