good things notebook (of sorts)
While David was on his mission, I created what I called a "good things notebook," a notebook in which I wrote all of the awesome things that happened each day so that when he came home I could prove to him (and everyone else) that I had not wasted two years of my time. Before long, my motives for creating my good things notebook changed. It became a gratitude journal of sorts, and one of my favorite parts of each day was pasting/taping/writing an entry of the awesome things that happened each day (because let's be honest - every day can be awesome if you look hard enough (or in the right places)). I had the intention of creating a good things notebook after we got married, but then life happened (as it always does).
I would love to create one of these again, and to accommodate lie's craziness I think I am going to try to do it blogger-style. I'm not exactly sure how it is going to work (I'm never good at thinking through logistics on the fly), but basically I am going to post something I'm grateful for or that was awesome every couple of days. If it starts to get too personal (you know, stuff like I'm grateful for my toilet because...), I'll make a separate blog (or notebook) that can better accommodate my needs without inundating anyone else's mind with the intimate details of my life.
So, here's to the good things of 2013!
I would love to create one of these again, and to accommodate lie's craziness I think I am going to try to do it blogger-style. I'm not exactly sure how it is going to work (I'm never good at thinking through logistics on the fly), but basically I am going to post something I'm grateful for or that was awesome every couple of days. If it starts to get too personal (you know, stuff like I'm grateful for my toilet because...), I'll make a separate blog (or notebook) that can better accommodate my needs without inundating anyone else's mind with the intimate details of my life.
So, here's to the good things of 2013!
Sounds like a great idea! And that notebook reminds me of the notebooks many of us kept in England. Such a fun way to record memories.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to show it to you sometime, Rachel - it's a crazy work of art (haha, it became so thick that I can't store it hardly anywhere (but that's because I stuffed all of David's letters in there :))).
DeleteI'm grateful for my toilet because it always is there to listen when no one else is
ReplyDelete