birthday shenanigans

David got older this weekend. It happens (even to the best of us). Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the occasion. But there was cake, pulled pork, singing nieces, family, and ninjas. Basically the whole birthday shebang. But best of all, we got to celebrate this guy:
This is basically what he looked like (and drove) when I first met him in high school x number of years ago. And this was one of the happiest sights to see drive up in the high school parking lot (confession: sometimes I would take extra long packing my backpack in my car in hopes that he would drive up and we could walk to class together). And even though his truck is rusted through and is a tetanus hazard to anyone who touches it (pobre Enrique), seeing David with his truck this weekend brought back many happy memories.

In short, I'm grateful for my best friend. Huzzah for David! And huzzah for birthdays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sam's birth story

dean's list

convos with a prego lady