the house of the lord
Although my weekend was less than exciting (aside from discovering that I should never (ever) make the mistake of reading a John Grisham book after starting law school. It will not happen again), I woke up to a happy email from my missionary brother. This past week he travelled to Copenhagen, Denmark to go to the temple with a man who joined the church about a year ago. Jake helped to teach this man the missionary discussions, and also witnessed his baptism, confirmed him, and participated in giving him the Aaronic and Melchizedek priesthoods. And now Jake received permission to travel to see him go through the temple (as a missionary, you aren't supposed to leave your assigned geographic area without permission. But Jake received permission from his mission president to go to Copenhagen for a day).
Going to the temple is an exciting event for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There, we are able to make additional covenants with God and learn more about his plan for us (for more information about what happens inside temples, go here).
I am super excited for both Jake and his Swedish friend. The temple is one of my favorite places to go. I can feel peace and God's love with more clarity when I am within the temple—more so than when I am out and about and trying to wade through the craziness of life. I am also grateful for the covenants I have made in the temple. They are some of my most sacred possessions, and I hold onto them dearly. They give me strength to continue to strive to be better each day.
I wish everyone could feel of God's goodness inside his holy house. It truly is a wonderful place to be.
Going to the temple is an exciting event for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There, we are able to make additional covenants with God and learn more about his plan for us (for more information about what happens inside temples, go here).
I am super excited for both Jake and his Swedish friend. The temple is one of my favorite places to go. I can feel peace and God's love with more clarity when I am within the temple—more so than when I am out and about and trying to wade through the craziness of life. I am also grateful for the covenants I have made in the temple. They are some of my most sacred possessions, and I hold onto them dearly. They give me strength to continue to strive to be better each day.
I wish everyone could feel of God's goodness inside his holy house. It truly is a wonderful place to be.
Comments
Post a Comment