paul's story
My brother is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Sweden. Today he emailed our family the story of a man named Paul that he and his companion recently baptized. And because it is so awesome, I thought I'd share it. Here is Paul's story in my brother's own words:
I echo my brother's testimony that the gospel has been restored to the earth and that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us and will help us to find the truth that we seek. All we have to do is ask, and He will guide us to do what is right.
[Questions about this post? Visit mormon.org where you can chat with missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as the Mormon Church).]
[Aldste Anderson with his former mission president and wife. Jake hasn't sent home a picture with him and Paul yet. When he does, I will update this post.]
A sister missionary in the Washington D.C. mission was proselyting on Facebook when she came across a page called "I Love Jesus." She posted a picture of Jesus. A man named Paul responded to her picture. She began chatting with him and told him that she was a missionary and she teaches people about Jesus and His restored church. Paul didn't believe that she was real—it sounded too good to be true. So they Skyped. Paul was surprised to see that the sister really was a missionary and taught people about Jesus.
Paul was Christian and believed in Christ and wanted to be a good person. He had been to many different churches to worship God. At the time that he met this sister missionary, he was at a point in his life that he wanted to change and come closer to God and find the right path to follow Jesus. He had never heard of the church that she belonged to, so she taught him about the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ, and gave him a link for the Restoration film. He watched it and felt a strong feeling that it was true. Joseph Smith really was a prophet and the Church was restored to the earth!
The sister missionary gave him the address to the church in the city that he lived in Sweden. He showed up to Sacrament meeting that Sunday. After the meeting was over I saw him, and since I didn't recognize him I went over to greet him. I sat down next to him and began talking. I was surprised to find out that he had met a missionary on Facebook and been given the address to the church. He said that he felt a great peace in the church and wanted to become a member. I told him that as missionaries we would help him to prepare for baptism and follow Jesus Christ. I got his number and address and we set up a time to meet that week. My companion and I began teaching him, and he was baptized and confirmed four weeks later.
The Lord knows each and every one of us. This is His great and marvelous work, and if we desire to serve Him, He can use us to the blessing and uplifting of others. Technology can be a great way to spread the gospel and allow others the opportunity to hear the message that we have to offer.One thing my brother didn't mention is that they were able to Skype in the sister missionary in Washington D.C. so that she was able to see Paul's baptismal service. How awesome is that? (In my opinion, it's pretty darn awesome. Technology is super neat.)
I echo my brother's testimony that the gospel has been restored to the earth and that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us and will help us to find the truth that we seek. All we have to do is ask, and He will guide us to do what is right.
[Questions about this post? Visit mormon.org where you can chat with missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as the Mormon Church).]
[Aldste Anderson with his former mission president and wife. Jake hasn't sent home a picture with him and Paul yet. When he does, I will update this post.]
Comments
Post a Comment